Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boosting your internet experience: a FASTER Youtube, a FASTER facebook


Carefully look at the screenshot of Youtube front page below. Can you spot the Flash advertisement?






Now again Carefully look at the screenshot of Youtube front page below. Can you spot the Flash advertisement?




When you use the internet for over 10 hours a day, the minor things start bothering you. When I am watching Youtube videos, I don’t like the 30 second in-video advertisements. On the Facebook page, I don’t like the right hand side bar advertisements which often distract me and annoy me. I also like don’t like the flashy flash advertisements which cause nothing but annoyance and take up unusual bandwidth and slow down my internet experience even further.

So what to do? Can’t I get rid of them all? Can’t I even stop them from using my valuable bandwidth?

Well, here is the solution. Once you get used to this new experience, you won’t even come to understand how you could survive so many years without using this.

This extension is available for both Firefox and Google chrome. Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer 9 have this option too in different ways, but as you are a reader of this blog, I guess you won’t like those clunky browsers.

For Google Chrome, click here and then click on the "install" button.

For Firefox, click here and then click ‘Add to firefox’. Wait for it to finish downloading, restart and make sure after restarting you click the ‘add subscription’ button.

That’s all you needed to do. From now on you will have a totally different and smart experience on the internet.


In a short time, I am gonna make another post on the must have google chrome apps. So stay tuned and spread the word. You are the reason I get inspired to write. Never hesitate to let me know what you think.

No comments: