Thursday, October 29, 2009
I haven’t decided yet what my dream life would be.
But I have few thoughts.
One of them is quite recurring.
I imagine I am in a cradle beside the deep blue pacific ocean. I am writing long hand on my oversized notebook. That will be the draft for one of my many novels. I am entertaining thousands of people by my science, mystery novels and also with a few non-fictions. May be on my ear, I will wear a headphone and listen to Johann Sebastian Bach. I will smell the coconut trees on the beach shore, also the rhythm of the uncontrolled sea waves will make my heart warm. I will drink juice of a colorful fruit. My hand will keep on writing, i will keep on getting ideas from the people around me, from the little kids who will try to make sandcastles in the sand which will soon collapse. I will enjoy the life, I will smell it, I will close my eyes, i will sleep. Then I will see a dream. In my dream, I will dream again…
Behind every man now alive stand thirty ghosts, for that is the ratio by which the dead outnumber the living. Since the dawn of time, roughly a hundred billion human beings have walked the planet Earth.
Now this is an interesting number, for by a curious coincidence there are approximately a hundred billion stars in our local universe, the Milky Way. So for every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star.
But every one of those stars is a sun, often far more brilliant and glorious than the small, nearby star we call the Sun. And many - perhaps most - of those alien suns have planets circling them. So almost certainly there is enough land in the sky to give every member of the human species, back to the first ape-man, his own private, world-sized heaven - or hell.
Monster is a Japanese manga come novel come animation series which has got huge accolade from the general people and also the Pulitzer prize winner in literature, 2008 (source: Wikipedia). It is written by Naoki Urasawa who is regarded as the second God of manga (aka Comics) in Japan after Osamu Tezuka.
Here are two songs of Monster which were featured in Monster as the ending song.
It's your choice to think about the philosophy behind this two songs.
"And slowly you come to realize
It's all as it should be
You can only do so much
If you're game enough
You could put your trust in me
For the love of life
We could lose it all
But we will go down fighting"
There is another one:
"Yes, cherish what you know is true in this world
Please believe in the kindness of your eyes
Make it home to your land of harmony
Make it home to your land of purity
Make it home"
1. Michael Scott: Don't drink and drive, you might spill the drink. (The Office)
2. Michael Scott: A cluttered desk is a cluttered mind. The way I see it, an empty desk is an empty mind.
3. Sheldon is a high IQ theoretical physicist. At one point his friend Leonard said, "Sheldon, you are insane!!" Sheldon replied, "No, I am not. My mother got me tested!!" (The Big Bang Theory)
4. "Who says "nothing" is impossible, I have been doing "nothing" for past 3 months". (original source: unknown, alternative source: my friend Sadaf)
5. "Nerd is the new cool!!" (I found it written on Alex Albrecht's t-shirt while watching DiggNation)
6. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us". (Stephen King in his book "On Writing")
7. I have a black friend. One day when my friend was a little disappointed, his girlfriend, to make him happy, screamed out loudly, "You are the Obama of my heart".